Discover Dance Unlimited
Dance Unlimited is one of the leading dance schools in Sheffield. At our school, we aim to create a home away from home and we want every child to be confident, happy and to discover the love and joys of dance. Our highly skilled, friendly teachers ensure to get the best out of each and every student, building confidence and instilling a lifelong passion for dance.
About Dance Unlimited
Located in Millhouses, Sheffield, Dance Unlimited is one of the most comprehensive local dance facilities. Our brand new, bespoke facility has five beautiful studios, welcoming waiting areas and is conveniently located at the Archer Road Retail & Leisure Park with numerous amenities close by.
With a warm community atmosphere and small class sizes, our school is able to give each student personal attention so they can progress at a faster pace. We encourage quality dance technique and self-discipline while fostering a love of movement and self expression.
Understanding that some children have their hearts set on a career in the spotlight, while others simply want to have fun, we offer a range of classes for all ages and abilities. Enrol your child and watch them
grow their confidence, make new friends and experience the joy of dance.
Our new purpose built studios are modern & spacious
Our brand new purpose built building at Archer Road Retail Park opened in September 2021. Conveniently located near big supermarkets, gyms and coffee shops with ample parking, our new state of the art facilities provide a lovely, welcoming and safe environment to learn to dance in. Three dance studios all equipped with sprung floors, ballet barres, mirrors and air conditioning, an onsite dance shop and spacious waiting areas for parents including a lovely play corner for siblings and students. Our 1st floor consisting of three more studios will be built out over the next year providing further dance spaces and a dedicated acrobatics studio.
- Service Orientated: We go the extra mile and put our customers at the centre of everything we do, striving to surpass expectations at all times.
- Innovative & Imaginative: We lead with a modern, fresh approach which is adaptable and at the forefront of current times. We break the mould of traditional dance schools.
- Teamwork: We collaborate, treat each other with respect and set an example for our dance families with the understanding that we only achieve our best when we work together.
- Passionate & Positive: We share our passion for the arts to cultivate a love and appreciation for dance within our students. We are positive, always looking on the bright side and creating an environment where children are confident, happy and believe in themselves.
- Inclusive: Every student matters and we create opportunities for every student which are inline with their own goals, aspirations and dreams.
- Fun & Friendship: We look for every opportunity to inject fun and create an amazing dance experience at Dance Unlimited – for our students, families and ourselves.
The Benefits of Dance
Children who participate in the arts experience benefits such as:
- Sharper critical thinking and creative skills Better performance on standardised tests Self-directed learning
- Improved school attendance
- A more active, healthy lifestyle
- A healthy social life outside school
- More confidence in their abilities
- Better creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
The DU Difference
- Personal attention for both your dancer and family. We know our dance students personally and strive to make everyone feel a part of the Dance Unlimited family.
- High-quality dance instruction in a positive, supportive environment.
- Qualified and trained instructors
- Limited class sizes which allow our dancers to receive individual instruction and the ability to progress at a faster pace.
- Professional sprung dance flooring which helps to mitigate the risk of injury, with mirrors and ballet barres in all studios.
- Viewing windows into the studio which allow parents to observe without disrupting class. Comfortable waiting areas or conveniently drop off/pick up and use the excellent local amenities in the retail park.
- Non-competitive environment that promotes self esteem while instilling the love and appreciation for dance and the arts.
Specific programs geared towards all levels from beginner to pre-professional.
- Dancers are exposed to and participate in a professional performance at the Sheffield City Hall for our bi-annual show, as well as various other performance opportunities should they wish.
Becky Mercer, Founder & Director
Becky has danced since she was 9 years old and trained professionally at The Midlands Academy of Dance and Drama, studying all styles of dance, drama and singing for a 3 year Musical Theatre diploma, graduating with Distinction.
Has been dancing since she was small and holds a foundation degree in Dance Performance and a degree in Performing Arts Industries. Miss Nicky is also currently studying for her associate qualifications with the IDTA. Miss Nicky is full of enthusiasm and great ideas in classes and is a key member of the team at Dance Unlimited.
Laura began Irish dancing at the age of 3 and competed in solo competitions for 13 years. Laura also studied Music and Dance at college in her younger years before falling in love with her first job in a customer service role. She came to Dance Unlimited 3 years ago where she has
Miss Ellie has danced all her life, training professionally at Centre Point Vocational College in Manchester and has extensive qualifications with the ISTD.
Miss Ellie is also an award winner at English Ballet Championships and has performed at The Royal Albert Hall and various other venues across the UK.
Miss Leah has been dancing since before she could walk and been assisting in classes since she was 11 years old!
Miss Leah’s theatre and TV credits are far too long to list here but include several pantomimes at Sheffield’s Lyceum Theatre, UK tours of Annie, Half a Sixpence, Dr Dolittle, Jekyll and Hyde,
Miss Livvy has been dancing since she was 3 and is now currently training to become a professional dancer at Phil Winstons Theatreworks. Throughout her younger years Miss Livvy appeared in many professional shows and tours, such as Hello Dolly, Whistle Down The Wind, Jekyll and Hyde,
Miss Charlotte has danced since she was a little girl and has taken part in many professional productions t Sheffield Lyceum Theatre. Miss Charlotte loves to teach our younger pupils and her favourite subject is tap. Miss Charlotte’s warm and friendly manners means her classes are full of fun, imagination and excitement.
Miss Jo fell in love with dance at an early age and took every class her dance school had to offer. She became a teaching assistant at 13 which is where she began to learn the skills to help share her passion for dance with her students. After completing her diploma through the IDTA and further qualifications with Acrobatic Arts she became a fully qualified dance teacher.
Miss Daisy has been dancing since she was three and fell in love with performing straight away!
In addition to her training at Dance Unlimited, she studied at Northern Ballet as an associate for 3 years.
She has been nominated 8 consecutive times for the IDTA Theatre Awards, and went on
Gemma trained at the Urdang Academy, London in professional dance and musical theatre.
Snow White in Snow White & the 7 dwarfs at the Billingham Forum & Cinderella with Tom Rolfe Productions at Princess Alexandra Auditorium, Yarm.
Miss Cops (Carolan Copley-Tucci) trained for fourteen years, Miss Cops worked who 10 years as a professional dancer all over the world.
Miss Cops has provided children for many shows at Sheffield’s Lyceum & Crucible Theatres as well as working as their Head Chaperone.